Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript is in a Word document.
- The manuscript is double spaced, with 12 point font, page numbers, and 1" margins.
- All footnotes/endnotes are in Arabic numerals, not Roman numerals.
- All figures and images are placed at the end of the manuscript.
- The manuscript follows the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition, or MLA.
- The author agrees to not submit the manuscript for publication elsewhere while under review by American Studies.
- The abstract is no longer than 250 words.
- The author has removed all identifying information from the manuscript.
All items © Mid-America American Studies Association
Authors: If you prefer to remove your text(s) from this database please contact the editor.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.