Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published nor is it before another journal for consideration; or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor; and the submission has been discussed with one of the Editors.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or PDF document file format. The authors names and addresses, full manuscript, full bibliography, and figure legends are all included in the Microsoft Word file. The title page must incude full author names, addresses, and emails. All manuscripts should be formatted like recent issues of the journal. Manuscripts which do not follow this formatting will be rejected without review.
- All URL addresses in the references (e.g., http://pkp.ubc.ca) are activated and ready to click.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); tables are placed at the end; figure captions placed at the very end of the file; and the file has removed extraneous embedded formatting. Figures are NOT placed within the text but submitted as individual files. Individual figures files (as TIFFs with a minimum of 300 dpi resolution) must also be uploaded under the supplementary files section of the submission process.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. The text has been carefully checked by a native speaker of English (who is named and acknowledged in the Acknowledgements section: manuscripts which are poorly written in English will be rejected without review).
- Be certain to indicate all authors in the submission. During the submission process after the corresponding author there is a button for "Add Author", and information for ALL authors must be inserted into the system (otherwise your co-authors will not appear on the wesbite when the issue appears as the automated system will not know to insert them!).
Copyright for articles published in Journal of Melittology is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution and permission of the authors, in educational and other non-commercial settings.
Journal of Melittology is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).